Camp Petawawa’s grounds were extensive — “some thirteen miles long by about eight broad, an area that is much greater than is required for any but the most extensive manoeuvres…. It is far removed from any town, and bounded on three sides by the Ottawa, Petewawa [sic] and Chalk Rivers respectively.” (1)
In other words, there was plenty of space to ramble.
(1) 60th C.F.A. Battery Book, 1916-1919.. 13-14
The photograph, its caption reading “Three pals on a footpath leading from the Ottawa River,” is from Percy’s large album.
Copyright 2016. See “More about this project.”